1 August 2022 Update – Streamlined access for self-funded Existing Dexcom G6 Users has now closed as of 31st July 2022. All individuals, whether existing customers or new to Dexcom G6 will need to see their healthcare professional in order to get started with this application process.
1 July 2022 – Dexcom and AMSL Diabetes welcome the recent Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) subsidy expansion, allowing thousands more Australians with type 1 diabetes access to subsidised CGM products like Dexcom G6 CGM.
Existing users who were previously eligible for the CGM Subsidy Initiative will be able to continue to access fully subsidised CGM products
EXISTING active Dexcom G6 customers (that is, customers who have purchased Dexcom G6 directly from AMSL Diabetes between 1 January 2022 and 1 June 2022, and will be continuing with Dexcom G6 through the subsidy initiative) will be able to apply for subsidised Dexcom G6 via a streamlined process^, developed by NDSS in a bid to ease the process for existing customers and the healthcare professionals that support them. Existing active customers will need to follow the steps below.
1. Go to ndss.com.au/cgm-expansion-form/
2. Validate your NDSS registration details using your last name and NDSS number
3. Complete the online form to confirm your contact details and the CGM device you are currently using AND consent to the information you have provided being validated with the supplier (AMSL Diabetes) of your current CGM
4. NDSS will contact the supplier to confirm your validation
5. When validated, you will receive a notification from NDSS. Following this, you can access subsidised CGM from your local NDSS Access Point/Pharmacy
However, individuals new to CGM or Dexcom G6* specifically will need to follow a different application process, see below.
1. Review the eligibility criteria available at ndss.com.au/about-the-ndss/cgm-initiative/ and speak to your HCP to see is Dexcom is right for them
2. Complete the relevant Access Form found at ndss.com.au/about-the-ndss/cgm-initiative/. This needs to be prepared and signed by your HCP
3. Diabetes Australia will contact you to confirm eligibility for access to subsidised CGM products
4. The initial Dexcom kit will be sent to your HCP for the Dexcom start
5. Following on from here, you can order and collect supplies from your local NDSS Access Point/Pharmacy
We thank all the individuals and organisations who have supported and worked for improved access to diabetes technologies for the diabetes community. Through tireless advocacy and education, they have worked toward ensuring more individuals will be able to benefit from these technologies.
For more information on the NDSS CGM subsidy expansion, head to product.amsl.com.au/cgmsubsidy. Alternatively, if you’d like more information on this announcement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About AMSL Diabetes
AMSL Diabetes is dedicated to helping people live well with diabetes. For over 20 years, AMSL Diabetes has given thousands of people the tools and support they need to improve their quality of life. AMSL Diabetes provides a range of diabetes products to individuals living with diabetes and the healthcare professionals that support them including t:slim X2 Insulin Pumps, Dexcom CGM Systems and other diabetes accessories. For more information, visit amsldiabetes.com.au
About DexCom, Inc.
DexCom, Inc. empowers people to take real-time control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, and with operations across Europe, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world. For more information about Dexcom CGM, visit dexcom.com
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE. Read the warnings available on https://amsldiabetes.com.au/resources before purchasing. Consult your healthcare professional to see if this product is right for you.
^Streamlined access for self-funded Existing Dexcom G6 Users will close on the 31st July 2022.
*Note: prior to receiving subsidised Dexcom G6 via this subsidy expansion, we ask that you check your mobile device is compatible as a display device at http://dexcom.com/en-AU/compatibility
AMSL is a subsidiary of Dexcom.
“All eligible Australians, whether existing customers or new to Dexcom G6 will need to see their healthcare professional in order to get started with this application process.”
Now you can get all the latest news and updates of our products, events and resources right into your inbox.
We are always happy to help, send us a message or enquiry