The Australian Government is extending access to fully subsidised continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) products through the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) to now include eligible patients aged 21 years and over with type 1 diabetes. Previously, only patients aged under 21 years were eligible for subsidised CGM.
From the 1st of March 2019, the CGM Subsidy Initiative has expanded to include the following eligible individuals:
– People with type 1 diabetes aged 21 years or older who have a valid concession card and have a high clinical need
– Children and young people aged under 21 years with conditions very similar to type 1 diabetes who require insulin
Individuals living with type 1 diabetes who face significant challenges in managing their blood glucose levels will have subsidised access to CGM products.
From the 1st of March 2019, the following groups are eligible:
– Children and young people aged under 21 years with type 1 diabetes
– People with type 1 diabetes aged 21 years or older who have valid concessional status and have a high clinical need
– Children and young people under 21 years with conditions very similar to type 1 diabetes who require insulin
The eligibility criteria for each group are available on the NDSS. Talk to your healthcare professional to further discuss the eligibility criteria.
Dexcom Continuous Glucose Monitoring – Unlike a fingerprick, which gives you a glucose reading for a single point in time, Dexcom CGM gives you glucose readings every five minutes so you know where you have been, where you are and where you are headed.
1. Accuracy and Reliability1,2
2. Only CGM System approved for adjusting insulin dosing without a fingerprick*
3. Only CGM System approved for use on an Apple or Android compatible smart device^
4. Dexcom allows you to share your CGM data with up to 5 loved ones via Dexcom Share®
With Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM, adjusting your insulin has never been easier. With consistent, accurate sensing performance and real-time monitoring with customisable alerts and alarms, Dexcom CGM provides more options than ever before to see and manage your diabetes. If you’re tall or prefer things farther apart, go longer.
Always read the label and use only as directed. Read the warnings available on http://www.amsldiabetes.com.au/resources before purchasing. Consult your healthcare professional to see which product is right for you.
Now you can get all the latest news and updates of our products, events and resources right into your inbox.
We are always happy to help, send us a message or enquiry