CGM Subsidy Initiative
The Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) Subsidy Initiative is here!
The Minister for Health, Greg Hunt, announced on the 1 April 2017 that the Australian Government will provide access to fully subsidised CGM products through the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS).
Children and young adults under 21 years living with type 1 diabetes who face significant challenges in managing their blood glucose levels will have subsidised access to CGM products.
The eligibility criteria’s are available on the NDSS and listed below.
There are two categories of eligibility. A child or young adult must meet one of these categories to access subsidised CGM products through the NDSS. A child 10 years or younger must meet Category A and a child or young adult 11 – 21 years must meet Category B criteria*.
Talk to your healthcare professional to further discuss the eligibility criteria.
Dexcom Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems
Dexcom Continuous Glucose Monitoring – Unlike a fingerprick, which gives you a glucose reading for a single point in time, Dexcom CGM gives you glucose readings every five minutes so you know where you have been, where you are and where you are headed.
The standalone Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System:
1. Superior Accuracy – 9% MARD in Adults1 and 10% MARD in Children2
2. Only CGM System approved for adjusting insulin dosing without a fingerprick*
3. Only CGM System approved for use on an Apple or Android compatible smart device.^
4. Dexcom allows you to Share™ your CGM data with up to 5 loved ones
With Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM, adjusting your insulin has never been easier. With consistent, accurate sensing performance and real-time monitoring with customisable alerts and alarms, Dexcom CGM provides more options than ever before to see and treat your diabetes.
Talk to your healthcare professional to see which Dexcom CGM System is right for you.
1. Bailey, Chang, Christiansen Clinical Accuracy of a Continuous Glucose Monitoring System with an Advanced Algorithm J Diabetes Sc Tech 2015 Vol 9(2) 209-214. 2. Laffel Improved Accuracy of Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems in Pediatric Patients with Diabetes Mellitus – Results from Two Studies Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics Volume 18, Supplement 2, 2016. 3. Nakamura K, Balo A. The Accuracy and Efficacy of the Dexcom G4 PLATINUM Continuous Glucose Monitoring System. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 2015;9(5):1–6. +A Dexcom G4 PLATINUM or Dexcom G5 Mobile Transmitter will be included based on the system you have chosen. 3. Nakamura K, Balo A. The Accuracy and Efficacy of the Dexcom G4 PLATINUM Continuous Glucose Monitoring System. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 2015;9(5):1–6. +A Dexcom G4 PLATINUM or Dexcom G5 Mobile Transmitter will be included based on the system you have chosen.