Retraction Notice – Incorrect Information, 29th June 2017
It has been drawn to our attention that the promotional material titled ‘Glucose Monitoring Devices’ we distributed to you may have been misleading in some respects. The issues identified are outlined below:
- MARD – Though the MARD values provided are factually correct, MARD is primarily driven by study design and it is not possible (and potentially misleading) to compare MARD values as an indicator for accuracy across different studies that do not have a similar study design.
- Incorrect information reported on the Abbott Freestyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System in respect of the following:
- Need for confirmatory finger prick
- Insulin pump connectivity
- Alarms and alerts
- Destroy any copies you may have in your possession
Sébastien Sasseville’s Tour Down Under!
Back by popular demand, motivation speaker, Sébastien Sasseville, will be touring across Australia at a series of events this August. Sébastien is a veteran inspiration speaker with over 300 presentations throughout North American and Australia. His incredible accomplishments include summiting Mount Everest, completing the Sahara race, and running across Canada. This is made more impressive by the fact that he lives with Type 1 Diabetes. Sébastien will also be joining us as our international guest speaker at our annual Sports and Exercise Weekend. For more information on Sébastien’s Tour Down Under visit https://tourdownunder.eventbrite.com.au.
The CGM Subsidised Initiative is here!
The Australian Government is now providing access to fully subsidised continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) products through the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS). Subsidised access to Dexcom G5 Mobile and Dexcom G4 PLATINUM CGM sensors and transmitters is available through the NDSS to children and young people aged under 21 years, living with type 1 diabetes, who meet specific criteria. Visit www.ndss.com.au/CGM for more information today or visit our CGM Subsidy Initiative page for more information on your Dexcom options.