Animas® Vibe® Insulin Pump
Meet the Animas® Vibe® Insulin Pump.
Loaded with helpful features, the Animas Vibe insulin pump is designed to give you more lifestyle flexibility and better day-to-day management of your blood glucose levels as compared to MDI1. It has a lot of great features designed to make your insulin pumping experience the best it can be. And that goes well beyond giving you your insulin dose. Here’s a closer look at the kinds of things our pump can do to help you perform at your best.
Learn more about our special introductory offer by contacting us on 1300 851 056 or emailing email@example.com
The CGM Subsidised Initiative is here for the Dexcom G4 PLATINUM CGM System Compatible with the Animas Vibe Insulin Pump!
The Australian Government is now providing access to fully subsidised continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) products through the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS). Subsidised access to Dexcom G5 Mobile and Dexcom G4 PLATINUM CGM sensors and transmitters is available through the NDSS to children and young people aged under 21 years, living with type 1 diabetes, who meet specific criteria. Visit www.ndss.com.au/CGM for more information today or visit our CGM Subsidy Initiative page for more information on your Dexcom options.
It’s Dexcom CGM enabled.
The Animas Vibe can now double as a continuous glucose monitor using Dexcom G4 PLATINUM sensor technology. The Dexcom G4 PLATINUM sensors are indicated for up to 7 days consecutive wear. The Transmitter for the Dexcom system is water resistant up to 2.4m for 24 hours.* The reading is updated on the pump every 5 minutes and you can see if your glucose is stable, rising or falling at a glance. More on the advantages of CGM and the Dexcom G4 Platinum.
Subsidised access to Dexcom G5 Mobile and Dexcom G4 PLATINUM CGM sensors and transmitters is available through the NDSS to children and young people aged under 21 years, living with type 1 diabetes, who meet specific criteria. Visit www.ndss.com.au/CGM for more information today.
We think a pump that’s waterproof just makes sense.
Our pumps are tested and proven waterproof at 3.6 metres for up to 24 hours.† So you get uninterrupted insulin delivery while swimming or taking a bath, and peace of mind when you have unexpected contact with water.
Fine-Tuned Insulin Delivery.
The Animas Vibe Insulin Pump Swiss-made motor offers basal rate increments as low as 0.025 U/hr (available range of 0.025 to 25 U/hr) and bolus increments as low as 0.05 U across the available range (0.05 to 35 U) to deliver precise increments of insulin to help the body’s changing needs.
Fully Customisable Food Database.
With the download cable included free with your pump, you can use the web based Diasend software to easily create your own food database and upload into your pump. This means you don’t need to worry about remembering all the carbohydrate amounts in the food you eat – it’s all there at the touch of a button. The best part is you have complete control of the items in your database and only include the items you want.
We’ve got basal profiles that are personalised.
Program up to four different basal rate profiles for different insulin needs.
We’ve got precise bolus dosing.
Our low bolus increment (0.05 U) helps precisely match insulin with food intake and corrects high blood glucose readings. Our pump can:
- Calculate a bolus amount to cover the carbs in the food you’ve eaten (ezCarb)
- Automatically calculate a correction dose of insulin based on your latest blood glucose reading (ezBG)
We keep our eye on the insulin that’s active.
Our “Insulin on Board” feature tracks the insulin still active in your body to help prevent hypoglycaemia due to “stacking” (taking additional insulin unnecessarily).
We know you have better things to do than change a battery.
When used with an Engerizer® lithium Ultimate, the Animas Vibe insulin pump lasts for up to 3 weeks.
We have a bolus for every appetite.
Know your bolus?
- Our normal bolus lets you calculate the insulin and deliver it all at once.
Eating a high-fat meal, which is absorbed more slowly, or “grazing?”
- Our combo bolus lets you calculate the amount and split it, so some is delivered right away (normal bolus) and the rest over time (extended bolus).
We’d never get between you and your infusion set.
Our pump is compatible with all insulin infusion sets using standard Luer lock connectors, so you’re free to find the one that fits you best. We have inset® II, inset® 30, Contact Detach and Comforts! Speak to your healthcare professional to see which one is right for you.
† Glucose values may not be displayed when in water.
*CGM readings may not be displayed when in water.
1. Hoogma RPLM, Hammond PJ et al. Comparison of the effects of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) and NPH-based multiple daily insulin injections (MDI) on glycaemic control and quality of life: results of the 5-nations trial. Diabet Med. 2005:23:141-147.
How it works
There are four types of infusion sets available through AMSL Diabetes. Our infusion sets are obtained through Animas® and are all manufactured by Uno Medical. There are many options to consider when choosing which types of infusion set(s) to use. Please contact your healthcare professional to discuss various options further. If you have any questions with regards to these consumables please contact us. For instructions on how to insert each infusion set click here. Our pump consumables are subsidised by the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) and can be purchased directly through them. To view their website click here or call 1300 136 588. If you would like to see the NDSS codes for each infusion set type click here.
|Dimensions||8.26 x 5.08 x 2.18 centimeters (3.25 x 2.00 x 0.86 inches)|
|Weight||Approximately 105 grams (3.70 ounces)|
|Number of Basal Segments||12 per Program|
|Number of Basal Programs||4|
|Basal Delivery Frequency (Basal rates of 0.2 U/hr or higher)||Every 3 minutes|
|Temp Basal Range||-90% to +200%, in 10% increments, OFF|
|Temp Basal Duration||0.0 hr to 24 hrs in 0.5 hr increments|
|Extended Bolus Duration||0.1 hr to 12 hrs, with 0.5 hr increments for 0.5 hr to 12 hrs|
|Battery Type||Energizer® Ultimate Lithium AA (1.5V) (recommended) or Energizer® E91 Alkaline AA (1.5V) (optional)|
|Number of Batteries||1|
|Battery Life, Typical use||Approximately 3 to 4 weeks for an Energizer® Ultimate Lithium battery (1.5V)|
|Cartridge Capacity up to||2.0 mL or 200 units|
|Storage Conditions||-20° C (-4° F) to +60° C (+140° F) 10% to 100% relative humidity, including condensation500 Hpa to 1060 HpaBatteries must be removed during storage periods exceeding 2 weeks|
|Operating Conditions||+5° C (+40° F) to +40° C (+104° F)Outside these temperatures, the flow accuracy and time to occlusion could be compromised700 Hpa to 1060 Hpa20% to 90% relative humidity, including condensation up to 3048 meters|
|Critical Audible Alarms||50 dB(A) at 1m min., per IEC 60601-2-24|
|Audio Bolus Range||– 2.0U in 0.1U step0.5 – 10.0U in 0.5U step1.0 – 20.0U in 1.0U step5.0 – 35.0U in 5.0U step|
|Delivery Rates||• Bolus, under 1U: 1.1 to 2.2U/sec• Bolus, 1U or more (normal delivery speed): 0.5 to 0.9U/sec• Bolus, 1U or more (slow delivery speed): 0.2 to 0.4U/sec• Prime: 1.7 to 3.3U/sec|
|Insulin Types Used||Rapid-acting U100 insulin|
|Basal Rate Range||0.025-25U/Hr in 0.025U/Hr steps|
|Bolus Range||0.05-35U in 0.05U steps|
|Protection from equipment error||More than 1.5 million redundant safety cross-checks per day for both hardware and software functionality|
|RF specifications (when using the CGM System with your pump)||• Range between pump and Dexcom G4® PLATINUM Sensor and Transmitter is 3.6 meters• Frequency: 2.4 GHz• Pump Mode: Receive only|
Continuous Operation, Internally Powered Device:
- Type BF Medical Equipment (Patient isolated, not defibrillator protected)
- Watertight Equipment, IPX8 (protected against the effects of submersion, tested at 3.6 meters for 24 hours).
- Infrared communication port
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of battery can my pump use?
Your pump is designed to achieve optimum performance and battery longevity with an Energizer Lithium L91 AA battery (1.5V).
How long is the pump warranty for?
Your pump has a limited 4 year warranty from the date of original retail purchase.
Can I trial a pump before I purchase one through my health-fund?
Yes you can! We offer a loan pump program so that you can trial the Animas Vibe Insulin Pump before you purchase. Contact us at 1300 851 056 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information.
Will I have support from AMSL Diabetes with my pump?
Yes you have 24 hour support on 1300 851 056. You can also email us at email@example.com.
How to purchase
Private Health Insurance
- Insulin pumps are covered by private health insurance companies under their Hospital policy
- Please check with your health fund to see whether you are eligible for an insulin pump.
- The Animas Vibe Insulin Pump is listed under the Prosthesis List under the code AN011. Your health fund might ask for this to confirm eligibility.
- If you have cover for an insulin pump and have met all of the provisions of your private health insurer (payments, varying waiting periods etc.) then contact your healthcare professional to see if insulin pump therapy is right for you.
- If your healthcare professional has confirmed that pumping is right for you and you have chosen the Animas Vibe insulin pump, contact your local AMSL Diabetes representative to get your paperwork completed. Call us on 1300 851 056 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find your local AMSL Diabetes representative.
Loan Pump Applications
- The Loan Pump Program can be used for customers waiting for eligibility from their private health insurance.
- You will need to have private health insurance (health cover paperwork will need be presented to AMSL Diabetes).
- AMSL Diabetes will require a healthcare professional letter that states you will require an insulin pump for clinical reasons.
- You will need to complete the Loan Pump Form and submit this to AMSL Diabetes.
- Travel loan pumps are also available for existing customers, please read the full terms and conditions.
- If you have these covered, you can then contact your local AMSL Diabetes representative by calling 1300 851 056 or emailing email@example.com. The insulin pump loan program is dependent on availability upon receipt of loan pump application form.
Without Private Health Insurance
- If you do not have private health insurance you may pay for the full cost of the pump via credit card, bank transfer or cheque. The current price of the Animas® Vibe® insulin pump is $8950.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) may cover up to 80% of the full cost of the insulin pump if you are under 18 years old. To check if you are eligible for this subsidy, go to the JDRF website click here.
Animas Vibe insulin pump Consumables
- Our pump consumables are subsidised by the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) and can be purchased through your local pharmacy.
Out of Warranty Animas Pumpers – Looking to Upgrade
- Please enquire about our Out of Warranty special offers by calling 1300 851 056 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org today!
For Health Care Professionals
This section contains information specially for Health Care Professionals such as clinical papers, order forms and checklists.